XYPLOT Old Announcements Page
- 2007-09-28 The release of XYPLOT 2.2.x for
Linux on x86 is nearing completion. The new version features a number of
significant updates and additions, including menu reorganization, improved
window appearance, a new dialog for save options, an updated kForth
environment, and revised and new Forth modules. A preview of the new
release may be obtained from the latest development snapshot,
xyplot-x86-linux-2007-09-28.tar.gz, found in the
development tree. Please see the
file for a list of revisions, since the last release version.
- 2006-11-10 The development version of XYPLOT for
Mac OS X on PowerPC has been released as version 2.1.6. It requires the
X11 environment, which is run on top of the standard GUI for OS X. All
features of this version are not yet debugged, however, it has been
released so that Mac users may try it.
- 2005-07-22 A patch for ver 2.1.2 of XYPLOT for
Linux fixes a recently discovered bug when loading a single column
of data from a very large data file. Please see the
Updates and Patches page for information
about the patch.
- 2005-04-22 Version 2.1.2 of xyplot for Linux is
now the release version.
- 2005-03-13 A development version of xyplot for Linux
provides new GUI interface functions for user-written modules.
Version 2.1.2 may be downloaded
from its ftp
directory. Please see the
README file for details.
- 2005-02-03 An update of
grace.4th for XYPLOT 2.x is available. The updated
version provides for .agr files to be imported into
xyplot, as well as being exported from xyplot to
- 2005-01-20 A second example of plot animation,
evolution of points under a Henon Map, using XYPLOT 2.0.3 is given in
- 2005-01-19 An update of the animation demo for XYPLOT,
anim1.4th, is vastly improved by using the signals interface
in ver 2.0.3.
- 2005-01-18 Newly released Forth modules for
XYPLOT demonstrate using the signals interface in ver 2.0.3 for
performing near real-time acquisition and display of data from an instrument, an
Ocean Optics S2000
spectrometer. The modules,
also demonstrate how to access device drivers in Linux from the built-in
kForth interpreter (
- 2005-01-18 A backport of XYPLOT 2.0.3 for Linux systems
using GNU gcc/g++ 2.x is available. The backport,
xyplot-pclinux-2.0.3-gcc2.x.tar.gz, will permit
users who cannot upgrade to GNU g++ 3.x to build and use
the new version on their older systems.
- 2005-01-15 XYPLOT version 2.0.3 for Linux/X Windows
is available. This is an early release of the development
version of xyplot, which builds on systems using GNU g++ 3.2
and higher. Please see the revisions
page for a list of changes. Older versions of xyplot for
Linux can be downloaded from the
- 2003-08-23 The new version of xyplot for Windows,
version 1.1.3, is now available for download. The new version
provides nearly all of the same features as the Linux version
of xyplot, including the ability to load and run Forth modules.
The source code distribution is also available.
- 2003-08-14 A significant upgrade of xyplot for Windows
(95/98/etc.) will be released shortly. After a long period of
no development on the Windows version, the code has been
substantially updated to be consistent with its Linux counterpart.
The new Windows version will include a complete kForth interpreter,
allowing the user to run the same
add-on modules available
for the Linux version. A preview of the development
code, including the executable, may be downloaded from the
- An add-on module is now available to export graphs prepared in
xyplot for Linux to the
graphing program. See
- The currently recommended version of
Lesstif is 0.93.12. See the
Lesstif Installation Notes for xyplot.
- A new module for low-pass filtering data with a digital RC filter
is available for xyplot for Linux. See
- A brand new release of xyplot for Linux is now available.
The release date is June 14, 2002.
Creative Consulting for Research and Education